Tuesday, January 18, 2011

working together...

is oh so awesome.... I am super excited about this little collaborative ditty we are doing with the first grade.

First, the kids each created a fantasy fish... I told them the sky is the limit when making your fish... I let them color with markers.




Once they finished creating their fantasy fish... they can go and create a background. I laid out long two long sheets of rolled newprint. They were probably 5 to 6 feet long. I have twelve first graders, so there were six kids to a background. The paper was big enough that each child had room to work. I gave them freedom on the background.... and they went crazy!!!


Once the piece had enough going on (which it quickly filled up)... they colored with crayons and then watercolored with blue over the entire paper. Last, we glued down the fish. I have the kids glue the fish with space between each. This way I can cut up the final piece and each kid will get to take home their fish with a collaborative background.

Check it out!
 Details:




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this! What a fun idea and it looks like the kids really enjoyed it. The final product turned out awesome. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete