Sunday, January 23, 2011

dreams...

So, I am the type of person who has the cra cra craziest dreams ever! Ask any of my many roommates... most mornings I wake up and say " I just had a really weird dream."

So... on this particular day of summer camp I had one of those "I just remembered my dream" moments. Thus this little project was born.

I had an age range from Kinder to 3rd graders in this group at camp. I was not sure if this project would work... but of course, I showed no fear and went for it.


The kids had to choose a dream they could remember and create a mixed media collage. I was surprised and very happy that even my kindergartner had a dream she remembered! Some kids were concerned with the fact that they could not remember everything. I told them to make it up if things were a bit hazy!

I let them use magazines, paper, tempera, watercolor, wallpaper, and other stuff I can't remember right now. They could use really anything 2-d they wanted.

Art inspired by kid dreams...

 Kinder

 3rd grade

3rd grade

p.s. this is not the last you will hear of my weirdo dreams!

2 comments:

  1. it most certainly was NOT the last weirdo dream. I can testify to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BHAHAHAHAHA... underdeveloped legs!!!

    ReplyDelete