Thursday, May 26, 2011

space and aliens...

2nd Grade Space Unit... I love it!

It means we get to do fun things with aliens. I usually do an oil pastel with warm and cool colors and the foreground, middle ground and background. BUT... I just did a pastel project with the kiddos, I decided a large scale painting was in order.

First, we created aliens symmetrical ones... from Deep Space Sparkle...




Next, the students had to each pick a different plant. They had to apply the knowledge about the plants to create the surface of the planet they chose. Depending on the planet it had to be cool or warm colors. We talked all about foreground, middle ground and background. The students need to include all three in there painting.

For their painting, I wanted them to be big. But I do not have large paper, so I opened up two brown paper bags and taped them together. It gave them a huge canvas to paint on.After the kids finished painted, they glued their alien onto the backgrounds.

They had a good time with this project and they turned out super fun!

Aliens and Planets...







These are out of this world... get it?! Hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment