Wednesday, November 27, 2013

biltmore...

I am so very lucky that my school believes in getting students out into the community for real hands on in your face learning! Since the 4th grade studies North Carolina history, and we are only 2 and a half hours from the Biltmore... we get to go! How amazingly awesome and fun.

For those of you who do now know anything about NC or the Biltmore here you go:
  • Largest privately owned home in the country
  • Took 7 years to build from 1888-1895
  • Built by George Vanderbilt
  • State of the art house (especially for that time) has electricity, heated swimming pool, bowling alley, and 250 rooms! 
I have gone to the Biltmore 6 times and it never gets old! The last time I went, was with 2 co-workers and when the Christmas decorations were up! How fun! Here are a few photos from my past visits. I think everyone should go for a visit if you can!

 Here is the lovely and wonderful 2nd grade teacher (Dawn) and the 3rd grade teacher (Jamie)...I am in the back super excited to be at the Biltmore!

No comments:

Post a Comment