Wednesday, February 2, 2011

sea animals part 1



Oh me oh my... I am so excited about this kinder project (I know I say that often, but I am really really really excited about this one)...

In Science class, the kids are learning all about sea animals! What a funnnnnnn topic! They are even creating a class play where each student is a different animal.

So, in art we looked at the book Animals Animals by Eric Carle. Oh Mr. Carle you are a genius. The illustrations were my inspiration for this sea animal project.

First, I set up painting stations. One table was watercoloring and the other was painting with tempera.I instructed the kids that we are just painting the paper colors. I did not give restrictions. I also told them that we are going to use these papers to make the animals. At the tempera table, I had different texture makers: sponges, texture plates, and squeegees. The watercolor table had the choice of using salt or not.

We created A LOT of paper. (Way too much.) But the kids had a blast!







 stay tuned for part 2... torn paper collage!

No comments:

Post a Comment