Wednesday, November 10, 2010

a pleasant surprise...

I am NOT one to do holiday themed projects...I'm just not into doing projects related to Christmas, Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day, etc.... But this year I took on the challenge of creating the art for the holiday show and for a local library... Here we are Mid November, 75 degrees and we are talking about snowmen and poinsettias. Oy vey!

For the 5th grade class, I gave them 4 choices for their project:
snowglobes
poinsettias
snowflakes
and
nutcrackers...

I put out bins of scrap construction paper, tissue paper, wall paper scraps, ribbon, and yarn. I told them they had to collage the option they chose. We talked about what a collage means and I gave them some examples of what they can do. Very basic. I wanted to see what they came up with...

Yes, there was an art room explosion of every type of paper... but...




These projects are starting off awesome!!
It could have something to do with the fact that the doors of the art room are open letting in the beautiful 75 degree weather... these are the most unique holiday projects I have seen (I may be bias though)

Finish product coming soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment