Wednesday, February 2, 2011

sea animals part 2

So we created a ton of paper... Now it is time to draw our animals... rip up that beautiful paper and collage!

The students picked an animal in Science. This is the animal they are depicting in their play. So, this is the animal they were to draw in class.

All the paper we made went into a big bin. I explained to the kids that we are sharing with each other and most likely they were not going to get the paper they made. This was not a problem for any of the children!

I pulled an image from the internet and put them on the projector for the kids to see. I had already started making an example. I next demonstrated how to tear, overlap, and glue.

I made all the kids make pinchers with their thumb and pointer fingers. I told them this is the way to tear paper by pulling towards and away with their pinchers. Next, we talked about what is overlapping. Finally, I showed them how to use the glue stick properly.

This was a challenge to get the kids to glue and overlap the paper. Some didn't glue enough and some didn't overlap at all.  I just made sure I did some heavy circulation of the room and check on the progress of children who were struggling with these concepts.





part 3 (of 3) soooooooon...

No comments:

Post a Comment