Wednesday, March 23, 2011

cityscape...

I borrowed this lesson from wonderful Patty at Deep Space Sparkle...

Since we just learned out landscapes in Kinder, I thought it would be perfect to do a cityscape! It was a nice transition for the student and we are close to Charlotte, most of the kids have seen a good size city!

We started by talking about how buildings can be created with shapes. I had already cut out a bunch of different color rectangles for the building . The kids started with a black sheet of paper which they made a moon and splatter painted stars. The backgrounds were put aside to dry while the students created their buildings.

The students were instructed to create an interesting top for the buildings and add windows. I am all about letting the kids "do their thing" so some of the buildings have stairs and balconies and fringe!!!(oh my)





No comments:

Post a Comment