Thursday, March 24, 2011

re-butt... what!?



So I have this friend name Amy... she is a total rock star!!! Anyway, Amy over heard a conversation in which two college students were talking mad smack about art degrees.... Well that is just unacceptable. This in turn got Amy to create a book project called Artistic Rebuttal. Here is a quote from Amy on the project...

"Now I’m not naïve, I realize that this really is what some people think about art who don’t live artistic lives, but people this young? I thought the youth of this country were more appreciative of art as a lifestyle and a valid career choice. Their sentiments enraged me (and what I have realized about myself is that it usually takes a bout of anger to get me moving), so, in artistic fashion, I want to make a book full of rebuttals to the “art is worthless” debate. That is to say, a book full of “Oh yeah! Art is worthless? Take this!” But with a bit more research and validity, of course :)"

I think this is super important for everyone especially our young generations and just a flat out awesome idea. I asked Amy if some of my students could participate. And of course she said yes... maybe there will even be a children addition!!!


ANYONE CAN SUBMIT A REBUTTAL... if you are interested please check out the website!!!


If you have tons of money and want to help get the book published donate some monnnney!!

Here are a few rebuttals from some of the 229 artists who have contributed...







my rebuttal :)

I had all of my students K-5 and some of my upper school students decided to also participate... Here are a few!! (Please note that I did not assist them at all with this...)

















http://artisticrebuttal.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment