Wednesday, March 23, 2011

landscape...

We had a lovely day a couple weeks ago... Warm with a light breeze... My sweet wonderful boyfriend was in town visiting, so I put him to work as my assistant!

I have an awesome back patio that over looks a small field with trees. I set up tarps and paint palettes with the primary colors plus green.

I talked to the students about landscape and showed them famous examples - what is a landscape? what is not a landscape? what is the background? where is the sky? is the sky just at the top of the painting? what is the horizon line?

I had some students come up and point to the horizon line in the pictures... I even tried tricking them (it did not work)

At this point the kids did not know what they were about to be doing... and after my introduction, I told them we were creating landscapes on the back patio. They were pumped to get the chance to work outside... but I upped the excitement... I told them they would be painting... with their FINGERS!!!



The kids (well some one of them) had a great time finger painting... and I think the landscapes turned out super cute! It was hilarious making the 2 kids who hate hate hate getting their fingers dirty, put their entire hands in paint! Mwhahaha





No comments:

Post a Comment